Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Name that Fits

We've decided on a name for our son!  We kept going back in forth from one to another, had made a choice, and then, after finding out Baby Mayfield was a HE and seeing him on the screen, the name just didn't fit.  As we drove away with an awestruck feeling of having another boy, one of our original ideas came back into the conversation.  It just fit!

Benjamin Joseph Mayfield!

Why Benjamin?  Our second favorite character from "Lost".  JUST KIDDING!!!  Actually, it's a name that I have ALWAYS loved, Josh-Pruitt liked it when I mentioned it, great Biblical history with the meaning "Son of my right hand", and I had several great students by the name!  Plus, for the main reason we usually pick a name, we just like it!  Ironically, our second favorite character on "Lost" was Benjamin Linus.

Why Joseph?  Named after my late Grandpa Joe.  Joseph Cody was my mother's father and the only memories I have of him are pictures of me in his arms as a small child.  He was a loving man who served in WW2, obtained the purple heart for dragging men out of an attacked foxhole, a gifted writer, and one who chose to follow Jesus later in life while talking to my Dad.    

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! :) Can't wait to see pictures of sweet little Benjamin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strong, classic name. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete