Friday, February 18, 2011

Back to the Hospital


After 1 week, I went back to see the doctor and he said that I had jaundice.  So Mommy and I got re-admitted to the hospital for 24 hours.  When I wasn't eating or getting my diaper changed, I had to wear these funny eye cover thingies and lay in a special kind of lighting.  It wasn't the most comfortable place to be, but every so often, Mommy would take me out and just hold me.  I really needed her touch a few times throughout the night.  It was hard for her too, but I love the way she took care of me and put my health above her own.  She actually told me that during our stay, she had some great time learning and talking to Jesus.  She says He is God and that He loves me.  She also told me that it was kind of a special time for she and I.  No one else was in the room.  Just Mommy and me!  She and Sawyer didn't even have time like that in a hospital room.  Then she teased me about creating lots of surprises and being her trouble maker: coming 2 weeks early, being stubborn and not wanting to come out, tougher time in delivery, and now extra time in the hospital with jaundice!  What can I say?  I gotta be me.  (More "attitude" pics coming soon...)However, I did cooperate and by morning, my levels had dropped from 22 to 12 and we were sent home.  I think this is where the phrase "There's no place like home" could be said wholeheartedly. 

1 comment:

  1. Brooklyn was our little "glow worm" due to jaundice! So great that he has improved and both of you are back home!! :)

    ReplyDelete